If all the economists were laid end to end, they’d never reach a conclusion.
Our demanding programme offers a variety of learning environments, professional qualifications and personal development to start a career in Stockbroking & Investment Management.
In addition to an Honours degree in any subject and a demonstrable interest in the financial markets, you will possess the following attributes:
- Good telephone manner & presentation skills
- Ability to develop a strong sales track record
- The drive and ambition to succeed
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Ability to analyse and absorb information
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Commercial awareness
- Strong ethics
- Ability to motivate both yourself and colleagues alike
In return we offer an excellent training programme within a forward thinking, long standing and well respected Company.
Our training package consists of the following:
1. Professional Qualifications
Trainee will sit the:
- CISI’s Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma (made up of 2 examinations – ‘Investment, Risk & Taxation’ & ‘Securities’)
- CFA Society of the UK’s ‘Investment Management Certificate’ (provides exemption from the CISI’s Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma ‘FSA Regulation & Professional Integrity’ paper)
- Society of Technical Analysts ‘Diploma’
2. On-the-job training
You will learn a huge amount through your day-to-day work, getting to know the team and office, whilst learning the fundamentals of managing client relationships. Working alongside a seasoned stockbroker, you will be encouraged to research and analyse market conditions and stocks, whilst being able to attend business development activities and Investment Committee meetings.
3. Business Skills
You will have the opportunity to attend business courses designed to enhance your business skills in areas such as sales, marketing, customer service etc.
4. RYA Day Skipper Qualification
The company will provide, following completion of the exams, sponsorship towards obtaining the RYA Day Skipper qualification with the graduate having use of the company yacht, 39 foot Bavaria “Brief Legacy”, moored in Queensway Quay. Sailing develops skills that are difficult to learn in a classroom – leadership, teamwork, problem solving and communication skills, as well as increasing self-confidence. All attributes required of a successful Stockbroker & Investment Manager.
“Clothes make the man”. Shakespeare’s famous phrase from Hamlet holds particularly true in the field of stockbroking and investment management. Trainees will be provided a full wardrobe of clothes from the finest establishments in London following completion of their exams.
The latest tablet (either android or apple) will be provided to the trainee, an essential tool for keeping up to date with the market and making client presentations.
Trainees receive a starting salary in line with industry standards, which is increased with every examination passed. In addition, a bonus may be paid.
After the programme
Upon successful completion of the programme you will have secured a solid foundation in Stockbroking & Investment Management with a strong platform of skills & knowledge that will support you in your future career.
We currently have no vacancies.